How Do Recording Studio Doors Work?
Soundproof Windows, Inc. is the national leader in noise abatement windows, doors, and studio soundproofing. Our
soundproofing windows offer STC values from 48 to 57 and work as a second window behind any
existing residential or commercial window.
Soundproof Windows has achieved
many FIRSTS in the Recording Studio Industry:
- We were the first to offer studio windows with STC values starting in the 60s
- We were the first to offer acoustically viable, operable studio windows – also with STCs starting in the 60s
- We were the first to offer acoustically viable sliding glass doors -also with STCs starting in the 60s
- We are the first to offer standard 1.75” thick doors
with STC values above 53
- We are the first to offer super clear low-iron glass – standard.
Since 1998 we have been developing and perfecting
high-quality acoustic windows, doors, and studio technologies. Now our technology, experience, and expertise is
being used to develop products for the recording studio industry. The Soundproof Window studio
products are very competitive and they outperform most, if not all, of our competitor’s products.
Because of the high volume of windows and doors sold by Soundproof Windows in the
commercial and residential markets, the recording studio market can now get high-quality
products at reasonable, volume-based prices.
Recording Studio Sliding Glass Doors with High STC Values
With our recording studio doors, you can achieve high STC values, a feat which was not previously possible. Now you can use our recording studio sliding glass doors and get a higher STC than most solid doors.
If you mount our recording studio sliding glass door over a swing door (which can be done if the door swings away from the sliding glass door) you can improve the overall STC values and see into the recording studio area until just before you close the swing door to record.
How Our Recording Studio Doors Work
For maximum use of space combined with exceptional sound reduction, turn to our StudioMax Sliding Glass Doors. They are the industry standard and a favorite of top studio designers.
Our unique design uses dual sliding glass doors mounted on each side of your door frame to give you exceptional sound isolation. The recording studio doors can be mounted in a variety of configurations according to your recording studio door opening. As there is no space consumed by door swing they use a minimum of space.
These sliding glass doors are available in multi-panel telescoping configurations. This can allow huge opening widths for moving large equipment in and out, without removing any door panels.
Benefits of Our Recording Studio Doors
- No swing in or swing out obstructions into the recording studio area
- All recording studio door panels are removable, so you can utilize the full door opening width when needed
- Audience viewing easily accommodated with our recording studio doors
Recording Studio Door STC Results
Using two soundproof doors we achieve an STC of 65. Our recording studio brochure details how dramatically our recording studio doors block the low frequencies (40dB @ 80 Hz).
Find Out More About Recording Sound Studio Doors
Contact us today to request a free consultation on your recording studio soundproofing needs.